It is important that all members and visitors to Annunciation Cathedral follow some basic etiquette rules, to ensure that we maintain an atmosphere where peaceful, meaningful, and distraction-free prayer can occur during all services. Here are some general reminders:
- When entering the Church, especially during services, remember that you are in God's House. Be reverent and mindful of others engaged in prayer
- Refrain from any loud conversations in the Narthex or in any part of the Church while services are being conducted
- Wear modest and appropriate attire
- Refrain from chewing gum
- Avoid wearing lipstick when venerating the icons and receiving Holy Communion
- Please make sure your cell phone is on vibrate or silent
- Whenever the priest faces the people or is outside the altar on the solea, either censing or blessing, everyone should stand wherever he or she is
- Bathrooms are located in the basement of the church, and in the church entrance to the left of the altar
During the Divine Liturgy
During the Divine Liturgy, please do not enter the church from the narthex or move around during these parts of the service:
Holy Communion is reserved for Orthodox Christians only. Young children are asked come forward first for Holy Communion. Otherwise, please stay seated until you are guided to approach the altar from the center aisle by a council member.
Antidoron is available to everyone following the divine liturgy. Please approach the priest up the center aisle when guided by a council member.
After the Divine Liturgy, everyone is invited for coffee and fellowship in the basement of the church.